Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A productive weekend...for a change

Now don't get me wrong. I did plenty of sleeping in over the long Easter weekend, but I also got a chance to some things I've been wanting to do. Gotta love a productive weekend! Here are some of the highlights:

I went shopping for some recipes that I have been DYING to try, and made THREE of them!!! I took JT took the Water Gardens in Ft Worth, but for some reason they had drained the water and turned off all the fountains! I was bummed, but then JT climbed "the mountain" and we did few cart wheels and back bends in the grass, so it turned out to be a good time.





We watched "God on Trial" with Natasha which was excellent and so thought provoking. I would definitely recommend it. Now here's the BIG news. IF you know me well, you know that I can't keep things alive- plants, fish, love (kidding about the love). I mean really, the only time I remember to water the bamboo (a hand me down) in my office is when a student just happens to be drinking water right next to it. "Hey Andrea, wanna pour a little of that into Mr Bambi?"

Well, over Easter weekend I thought it would be fun to celebrate by planting something, so I started a little herb garden. SO I poured some water over some soil pellets, spent a LONG time breaking them apart, planted Basil, Rosemary, and Tyme.
This is how it looked on my back porch:



And here is how it looked today!!! I mean, I planted those babies from seeds and dirt! Fascinating.



The second day, I went out to water and the pots had tipped over and half the soil came out, so we will have to see if the seeds got mix up in the process by the time the plants get bigger. I had some extra seeds, so I covered a tomato can with scrapbook paper, hammered some holes in the bottom, and planted a little more thyme.

Today I went and bought a cheap pot and some bright lights chard seeds and some sunflower seeds for guerrilla gardening in outside around my apartment. I guess I have found a new hobby...

INTERACT: What should I cook with my new herbs, once they grow?

1 comment:

J.T. said...

you should make the cook yourself thin recipe for chicken parmesan mmm...tasty *starts drooling*

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin