My friend MK would often say something like, "We never know the impact that this experience has on people down the road of their lives." I have a strong sense that one day I will look back at my time in Lafayette, IN as not only a formative time but also an immensely magical and shifting time in my life.
I'm not really ready to share the details (mainly because I don't know all of them yet, but I want to acknowledge out loud that there's something out there, "down the road of my life," and its going to be good.
I'm also consistently reminded that when congruence is a valued discipline and utilized strength, every day and every moment can have a significant impact on shaping who I am and who I am becoming.
I think its high time for a list (oooh I love a list!).
Possible Life-Changing Happenings:
- Presented at the Indiana Women in Nonprofits Leadership Symposium and met some amazing thoughtful women.
- Started the "unravelling process" with about 140 other women around the world by joining them in this Susannah Conway e-course that I have been eyeing for awhile.
- Walked through a magical paper lantern lit path to a Tator Fry, laughter and love at Warren Piece.
- Learned from the wisdom of labor union organizers in hospitality at a Unite Here site visit.
- Spoke with Cornell West about Ella Baker and participatory democracy in a last minute lecture sneak-in.
- Decide to start a community V-Day Campaign in the local Lafayette area.
INTERACT: What is happening right now that (might) change your life?