Tuesday, August 13, 2013

this place is starting to feel like, well, you know, home.

This green chair has been with me in all of my homes post-college: Jackson, Waco, Ft. Worth and now West Lafayette.  Its the only piece of furniture that can claim the honor.  I am often reminded of a family that gifted it to me along with their love and I am thankful.  I surround myself with things that remind me of those places I am homesick for and the lessons that I learned in those places along the way. But its really important for me to call THIS place home, physically, emotionally, spiritually. It feels really important for me right now to remember that this place, home, will teach me even more lessons and continue to shape who I become. 

This place is lonliness, excitement and unknown.  This place is smaller yet bigger and mysterious.  This place is single, transitional and dancebreaks.  This place is opportunity, self reflection and small kitchen.

I told a student once, "Sometimes you actively live where you love and sometimes you actively love where you live. But it's always home."

So as I moseyed down main street last Saturday and watched the belly dancers do their thing, I realized, "I love where I live, because I am home."

INTERACT: Where are you home?


The August Break 2013

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin