Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!

This is the view from my living room window:



I got an email telling me the university was closed today due to ice this morning. It wasn't until I got up and about that I realized it was SNOWING! I love that I got the day off b/c today was my BUSIEST week for meetings and things. Hmm..I may go out and make some snow cream... I live for days like today.

MEL'S SNOW CREAM RECIPE
Grab some freshly fallen CLEAN snow (I usually get the top half of the layers on a car).
Put the snow in a bowl and add vanilla, milk, and sugar (brown or white) to taste.



OPTION: stir in some flavored coffee creamer, or powdered instant latte mix for and added delight.
ENJOY!



Note: ALWAYS - ALWAYS make sure the snow is clean. It takes at least one
to two hours for snow to clean the pollutants from the air, then use
only snow that
has fallen after that first cleansing snow. It also goes without saying
(but I will anyway), to make sure you do not collect the snow where
animals and birds eat (or do
other things).source

Now I'm off to collect some snow...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin