Monday, July 31, 2006

Make new friends, but keep the old...



This weekend was super encouraging. Stefi, Lyndsy and I drove north to Dallas (where we dropped off Lyndsy at her aunt's) Stefi and I hung out at Mark and Alexis Isbell's house (friends of mine from high school). Mark is a youth minister at Baptist church, and he was preaching in the big service, so I told him we would spend the nite and go to church with them the next day.

That nite, an old college friend (Jon Blair) came and hung out. Spending time with old friends who know and love me reminded me that my new friends could love me even after they get to know me. It was just an affirmation of what I already know.
We all went to church and it was lovely. Very Baptist, but insightful nonetheless. There is a possibilty for me to minister to one of Mark's youth girls, because she is experiencing some of the pain that I have been through in the past. I'm open to that if that is what the Lord wants.

We dropped Stefi off at the airport and said goodbye to her through tears. She was such a blessing to have. I hope that I have to opportunity to do for someone else what she did for me.
Even so, it is time to see Lyndsy and I do what we do. I'm excited about that.

Email me or see Pookie for my address.

In the photos: Jon Blair and Stefi, Lyndsy and I in Dallas in front of my new car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey hey....

thanx for the web addy... here is mine incase you forgot...

xanga.com/gilbobulldog

jonathanblair(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel
Heard you had a blog. Checking up on you. Don't worry - tonight is left over night at the Atkins' so whatever you are eating will be better than warmed up macaroni! We miss you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin